The N.G.O Α.Ε.Ν.Α.Ο was established in 2006 in Thessaloniki in order to promote health, on its wide sense, and to encourage the dialogue between science, culture and religion. It occupies a group of scientists- volunteers and is coordinated by experienced scientists.
AENAO aims to:
- Promote health by creating networks and implementing projects based on non-formal education and learning by experience methodology.
- Inform the community on issues regarding science in the broad sense, culture, religion and education.
- Undertake national and international collaboration with reliable agents, in order to exchange experience and best practices.
- Design programs that encourage social cohesion, protect the human rights and respect the environment.
- Empower women to take initiatives and improve their socio-economic status.
- Empower young people, enhance and build their personal skills.
- Inform society on innovative programs and activities.
- Organize campaigns and initiatives that benefit the society.
AENAO’s educational material in the field of health promotion (project “Addicted to life” dealing with smoking prevention) won the first award and has been recommended for the school curriculum.
Additionally the projects “Captain Cook” dealing with healthy lifestyle and “Crash test revised”, dealing with conflict management became “best practices”.
AENAO is an active member of “Healthy Network” “ORESTIS” and Anna Lindh foundation.
AENAO has great experience in local, national and international projects. The topics are explored by learning by doing methodology and non formal education.
In 2008 AENAO, in a pilot project, introduced non formal education in the university settings. The project had very positive impact among the university students and non formal education was adopted as strategic in MSc degrees.
AENAO cooperates with schools, youth clubs, municipalities, health centres and local authorities and implements projects that arise from the needs’ assessment of the target groups.
Become a member just by filling this application form and we will contact you as soon as possible.