EurAsian Social ActiveNation (EUASAN) aims to foster transcontinental cooperation in community development (CD) between countries and organizations of Europe (Greece, Spain, Hungary) and Asia (India, Nepal, Vietnam).
The main aim is to enhance the quality of youth work’s impact on local communities in a measurable way in order to fight discrimination, exclusion, poverty and unemployment by using non formal education, sport and physical activity as a tool.
We have chosen Education through Sport (ETS) methods as the combination of sport and learning provides an excellent opportunity to learn through activities that are enjoyable, highly emotional and based on active participation and involvement.
During the project we train youth workers to become trainers in the field of Education through Sport and teach them how to apply its methods in their various work area with communities (be it rural, marginalized, with fewer opportunities etc.). An e-toolkit prepared by the participants will ensure dissemination and offer the possibility for other organizations to use it for their benefit even if they have no experience in ETS field.
As an outcome, EUASAN project will establish EurAsian transnational long term cooperation and build up a network between Europe and Asia.
Activities implemented during the project:
- Kick off Meeting (GREECE, AENAO)
- Training Course I (INDIA, DISHA ) “Development & leadership for community development”.
- Training Course II (SPAIN, ACD LA HOYA) “Education through sport tools/methods for community
- Local Activities – Implementation round at home organizations after acquired knowledge on the 2 TC-s
- Evaluation meeting (VIETNAM, SJ Vietnam)