“Crash test revised” was a six-day training workshop on conflict management. The participants were adult learners a) from different, economical, social and cultural backgrounds, who experience conflict in different settings p.e. family, community, job etc b) NGO volunteers and trainers on lifelong learning education (direct target group). The project, therefore, was expected to provide the participants with the essential knowledge and personal skills, so that they will be able to transfer the new skills in their life and act as multipliers in the broad community (indirect group).
The workshop was based on non- formal education, with particular emphasis on the learning by participation methodology and experiential learning. The training consisted of intense and short live activities with innovative materials, such as teamwork, role- playing, social stories, brainstorming, artistic creation, movement games, behavioural rehearsal, modelling, steam groups, feedback, etc. The everyday feedback procedures contributed to the evaluation of the project.
The project was expected and managed to:
- Increase knowledge on the topic of conflict
- Build on personal skills and modify attitudes and values
- Respect the human rights and the otherness
- Suggest and adopt techniques to manage conflict
- Offer a better comprehension of no formal education for adult learners
- Exchange experience and know – how
- Co –formulate innovative strategies and utilise them in the local communities
- Encourage partnership among the participating countries